Booking Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to review our Terms and Conditions:
- Reservations will only be confirmed on receipt of deposit
- Where the Customer cancels his/her tour reservation, charges will be payable by the Customer as detailed below:
Please note that all Customers cancelling any tour reservation will be charged a standard administration fee of 10% of the total booking price to cover administration costs. The following terms and conditions apply:
For 1-day sightseeing tours
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks before departure – full refund less administration fee.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks before departure – administration fee then entirely at the company’s discretion (there is normally no refund unless the ticket is resold).
For all tours of more than 1 day’s duration
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks before the tour departure – administration fee
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks before the tour departure – administration fee then entirely at the company’s discretion (there is normally no refund unless the ticket is resold).
- No refunds are offered on any tours if the passenger is late for a tour departure time.
- Whilst Stravaigin Scotland Tours maintains insurance meeting all statutory requirements, we strongly recommend that passengers hold comprehensive and suitable travel, medical and cancellation insurance to cover for eventualities during travel and trips.
- The Company reserves the right to alter tour itineraries at any time, due to weather conditions, traffic problems, availability of attractions or other such extenuating circumstances outwith our control. In the case of accommodation, we will attempt to obtain a similar standard of accommodation wherever possible.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the motorcoach employed on any tour.
Other Operators/Carriers/Third Party Suppliers
- The Company will not accept or have any liability for any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of any supplier (including accommodation and subcontracted coach services) or person providing services in connection with any tour unless such a person is employed by or under direct control of the Company. Tickets and vouchers for travel on other carriers are subject to the normal conditions of carriage of the individual carrier.
- All third party suppliers (i.e. accommodation, ferry costs etc) must be paid in full at the time of booking and customers will be liable for and bound by the terms and conditions of the relevant third party.
- Where attractions supply their own tour guides (i.e. Castles etc) unfortunately we are unable to provide our own guiding services on these sites. We will endeavour to ensure an efficient hand over and make arrangements to meet our clients at a suitably agreed location & time on their exit from the attraction.
- Accommodation arrangements for multi day tours referred to are provided independently by third party accommodation providers. Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these providers, and as such any contracts undertaken are made between the Customer and the third party accommodation provider. All such arrangements are made independently of Stravaigin Scotland Tours, irrespective of any help and assistance which the Company may provide in securing such arrangements.
- Whilst reduced entry to some visitor attractions may be available, and any such will be made clear by the guide, tour prices are for accommodation, transport and driver-guide services only. All cruises, visits to castles and other visitor attractions including whisky distilleries are prices separately as optional extras, along with meals and other refreshments and these are at the travellers’ own expense.
- Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse to carry any person whose conduct or manner is likely to cause offence or upset to other passengers. In such cases full cancellation charges to the passenger apply, and the Company shall have no further liability to that passenger.
- The Company does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by war, threat of war, riot or civil commotion, terrorist or criminal activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, fires, illness, weather conditions, road traffic conditions, temporary technical, electrical or mechanical breakdown within booked accommodation.
Please note that when giving information for the purposes of making your Booking, you will be deemed to consent to us holding and using that information to send you details of other products and services we provide ot intend to provide that we think may be of interest to you. If you would prefer your information not to be used in that way, please contact us, giving your name and address: (i) in writing, (ii) by e-mail, or (iii) by telephone.